Frawgs....err...frogs

Published by Christy under on 9:24 AM
On one of my morning walks last week I almost stepped on this little guy. He was a most unexpected find, as it has been rather cool lately, but I suppose he was just out enjoying the lovely morning and the dew.
Oh, and it's a Pickerel Frog, one of NC's 'true frogs' (ie: it's not a toad or a tree frog). Be sure and check out the call if you have a chance. It's such a loud and odd noise, you'd never believe it came from such a small creature.





3 comments:

jalynn01 said... @ September 23, 2008 at 6:59 PM

When I listened to the frog....I had to laugh out loud. It sounded like flatulence to me!! hahaha Love the last picture. It looks like he is smiling at us. great captures!

Gardener's Garden said... @ September 24, 2008 at 8:00 AM

I love the call and when it came on I nearly jumped out of my chair. Your photos are beautiful and the last one is my favorite too.

DeniseinVA said... @ September 26, 2008 at 7:18 PM

He's a handsome frog as frogs go. Great photos of him.

Post a Comment