Around the House

Published by Christy under on 3:50 PM
Fred the cat was terribly offended by this moth one morning a few weeks ago, so I relieved her of the annoyance. I dunno why she didn't like it, I thought it was pretty neat! It was a large moth, but not as large as the luna moths we see occassionally. I'm thinking it's a Imperial Moth of some sort. A really neat find. Thanks Fred!
I'm thinking this is either a young mocker in moult or this fellow's just had a really bad summer!
It's always interesting the array of colours found in nature. Hot pink and lime green, who woulda thought!
The squirrells have been doing a fantastic job of raiding the pear and apple trees this year. It's like nothing I've ever seen in years past. Makes me wonder if they know something about the upcoming winter season that I don't.
Hot peppers anyone?

2 comments:

Roses and Lilacs said... @ August 29, 2008 at 4:08 PM

You got some good photos.

I love the deer pictures on the previous post. What graceful, beautiful creatures.
Marnie

Anonymous said... @ September 13, 2008 at 12:46 PM

I've just found your site. You have some very nice shots. And I love the name--Muddy Sneakers.

Post a Comment