Cades Cove - GSMNP, TN

Published by Christy under on 1:21 PM
(Be sure to click on the photos...some were cut off in the blog frames!)




The last time I was in the cove I took photos of EVERYTHING. This time I decided to concentrate on my favorite subjects instead: the wildlife. While this visit didn't pan out well for wild turkeys (it was a little too late in the morning), I did see PLENTY of deer! I photographed at least 3 sets of does/fawns and saw more than that. On the way back to the Sugarlands Center, we were also able to photograph a sow black bear and her two cubs foraging in the forest. Unfortunately, as was my 'luck' last time in the cove, my bear photos were underexposed due to my error and haste. ACK! :)

2 comments:

DeniseinVA said... @ August 24, 2008 at 6:48 PM

Oh how beautiful, loved the dappling effect of the sunlight through the trees on your pretty doe and fawn. I wish I could have seen it for myself but your photos are a window to look through and I love them. All your photos are great. Thanks for sharing.

NW Nature Nut said... @ August 27, 2008 at 1:14 AM

That little speckled guy is so pretty!

Post a Comment