A 'Seedy' Bunch

Published by Christy under , , , , , , , , on 3:39 PM
I really meant to post these photos in a sequential order, but alas, sometimes my brain doesn't do what I want it to do!

This morning brought a ton of winged visitors to the feeders, including my favorite little Carolina wren.

This wiley little squirell is very entertaining. I've let her hang around for some time now. She's yet to destroy a feeder, just enjoys the tray feeder and bird bath for a drink.


This little tufted titmouse was having a rough morning. The heat is really getting to some of the birds. July has been crazy with the weather and I think we got a little spoiled with the low humidity and low(er) temps of the last couple weeks. We've had a week of steady 90's with high humidity so far. Definately taking a toll on everyone.
Okay, so I am a Goldfinch FANATIC! I think they are one of the prettiest 'feeder' birds around and I especially enjoy watching them eat from the sunflower heads.




Here's that silly little wren again. I could watch 'him' all day long. He's so funny.
'He' has a stash of seeds under the tray feeder which he checks and munches on from time to time. The ants that gather also make a yummy snack I'm sure.
Sing, sing, sing...

'Owl Practice' - Thought he looked a bit like a tiny owl in this shot.
The tufted titmice ran amuck at the feeders this morning as well. There were three of them, the same clutch mates from some earlier photos of a bird bath session I posted previously I believe, who raise cain with the house finches whenever they're around. They're usually too fast and jumpy for me to get a good photo, but today they were quite cooperative.


3 comments:

Christy said... @ July 22, 2008 at 9:21 PM

The wren is a new baby! :) At first two of them would come, but lately it's just the lone bird.

Mary said... @ July 22, 2008 at 9:48 PM

Christy,

Hello NC blogger! Thanks for visiting.

Hey, I'm glad you have photos of my favorites - Carolina Wrens and Titmice (Chickadees, too). I've been dealing with too many Grackles and Starlings this summer but I hope for better days :o) I miss them so...

Your photos are Fabulous. Titmice are difficult to get...the little rascals.

I'll be back!

Mary

jalynn01 said... @ July 23, 2008 at 12:23 PM

I enjoyed all your backyard birds today, even that furry little 'bird' in the tree! Your photographs are crisp and clear, just beautiful!! Great job!

Post a Comment